We held a day’s event teaching over 300 students in three schools at the IDP Camp Kuchingoro. We gave out text books and writing materials to help improve their aptitude to learning.
In line with our vision, we organised an employability skills training for youths within Abuja. The training took place on November 23, 2019, with twenty (20) participants.
The training was facilitated by Mr. Isaiah Amonye, Mr. Isaac Gimbason and Ms. Chiamaka Okoye on three focus areas
- Networking and Positioning
- Effective Time Management
- CV Reviews and Interview preparation.
The FIRST five participants to register online got an opportunity for FREE CV reviews by the HR Professional Mr. Isaac Gimbason.
We have held two leadership training sessions thus far.
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION AS A TOOL FOR TRANSFORMING VISION INTO REALITY facilitated by Ms Enitan Okediji on 24th of August 2019,
TRANSFORMING ORGANIZATIONAL VISION TO LOCAL POPULACE by Ms. Queen Nwokonneya, Deputy Curator of Abuja Global Shaper on 15th of February 2020; which was another exciting capacity building session’
For the entire month of May through June 2020, TAF engaged in building and affecting the lives of the Nigerian Youth worldwide through various Instagram Live Sessions held by the Founder & different influential individuals in various areas of the Nigerian Youth. We hosted Hamzat Lawal, Brenda Okorogba, Dayo Nigeria, Jude Feranmi, Adeola Olubamiji, Dr. Ann Amuta, Dr. Dipo Awojide, Tunde Omotoye, Samson Itodo and David Babale
At the beginning of the year 2020 we had some strategy sessions to prepare us for the year. The core team executives Mrs Gift Ejeh-Ojima (National Coordinator) and Mr. Tony Akagwu (Deputy National Coordinator I) deliberated on the focus areas and sectors as led by the Founder, Mr.. Fola Aina.
We were joined this year by some Mentees of the founder. They include:
- Ms. Oluwabusola Fadipe (Humanitarian, AREAi) to help in project management, grant and proposal writing for TAF
- Ms. Onyedikachi Nwizu (Port Harcourt based Operations Manager of Mobicure) to help in content creation for Social Media Team
- Ms. Oluwapelumi Ibitayo (IT Analyst currently running her MSc. in Canada) to help with coordinating the Social Media Team, assisting Mrs. Jennifer Saleh Nteni
- Mr. Moshood Atinshola (Digital Media Expert) to help with content creation and optimizing TAF’s social media reach.
- Mr. Olalekan Samuel Rotimi (Graphics Designer and Photographer) to help with all TAF’s graphic design and support in photography during events. He was our FIRST NYSC Intern. He served in the capacity of Communication Intern, working with the Admin and Social Media Teams. He concluded his NYSC service in October 2020.
- Mr. Olajide Charles (Content Creator and Educationist)
TAF volunteers started the year by going hiking to bond & kick-start the year on a friendly note on 8th January 2020
11th February 2020 was another phenomenal day marking the International Day of Women and Girls in Science
It necessitated a visit to Sharing Prosperity IDP Camp School with Dr. Rita Rwuaan mentoring the children by encouraging them to seek science based courses and inspiring them with her story as a Female Veterinary Doctor. We gave out gifts to children who were outstanding during the spelling competition. We had over 50 girls in attendance.
Also in February 2020, we had Ms. Oluwabusola Fadipe added to the Team as Deputy National Coordinator II; to oversee the projects team, partnerships, proposals, grants and Projects in Southern Nigeria.
5th of March 2020 (World Book Day) was spent with young future leaders again at Sharing Prosperity IDP Camp School in Abuja. Reading a story book Alake the Slave Girl by Ben Akponine-Samuel (a Nigerian writer) with them. The National Coordinator counseled them on the need to imbibe reading as a culture. 40 children participated actively. After which we enlightened them on the need for Personal hygiene and cleanliness, as though we had the eyes of the future preparing them for the COVID-19.
The Project Team, headed by Ms. Chiamaka Okoye and supervised by Ms. Busola Fadipe painstakingly brought together a panel to discuss “I am Generation Equality: Realizing Women’s Rights for the Future” to mark the International Women’s Day on 7th March 2020
A panel of discussion featuring Mrs. Gift Ejeh-Ojima (National Coordinator, TAF), Mrs. Eva Dan Yusuf (CEO, She Nation) & Arc. Stephen Ajadi (Founding Director, ACID)
We had 35 attendees. The speakers spared nothing back. They kept the attendees sensitized on equality and the need for women to rise to the occasion to fill leadership roles.